Monday, November 16, 2009

Therapy


I'll say this again
but I need to be clear

I'm aware of your strength
your power over me at times

Some people say this isn't a fight
they would be wrong,
for we are in the fight of our lives

With an opponent so fierce
so determined to win

Wanting to take away our breath
secretly steal our youth
and break us down

At times you can take the round
But I force myself back up
refusing to back down

Dancing around in circles
winning and losing small battles

Unknowingly, you step into this ring
my furious ring of fire

I keep my fists up
ready to jump at the chance

Everything has it's weakness
lack of heart and soul is yours

You may look at me
thinking I'm weak and no challenge

That is the first mistake you make
underestimating what you see

I can be victorious
I will beat you down

For you do not know of my spirit
the strength and courage I possess
my willingness to die for this match

In return, giving those I love
and those I've never met
the chance to keep fighting

This is my promise
I will stand my ground
and never back down


No comments:

Post a Comment